Re: Banquet Longevity

To: GRMPer@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Banquet Longevity
From: "Don Kline" <solo2dmmr2@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 03:22:53 GMT
While the before dinner prayer was longer than many would have liked,
(people more eager to get to their meals than the trophies might have been a
reason for discord as *all* of us were eating and only a few were going to
get to cross the stage) I must have been sitting in the wrong area because
*I* didn't hear any complaints about the fact that this tradition has been
continued.  Arriving late for the meal would allow those who are offended by
this practice to miss it.

in HIS grace thru Jesus,
Don

Per wrote:
True, but you could offend a lot less people AND shorten the banquets by
doing away with the prayer at the beginning of the dinner.