Re: Kids in cars (was: October Fastrack)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Kids in cars (was: October Fastrack)
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 17:30:12 -0700
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 11:45:21 -0700 Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com> writes:
> Wait a minute....what about Paula? Mari?

In fact, I've been essentially the same height since I was 10.   : P

> Regarding helmets, they can be quite ill fitting on almost any age,
> even 12. How do we tech the helmet of the younger child who rides a Jr.

> Kart?

The same way we do for grown ups.  We check it for the requisite Snell
sticker.  No one has ever asked Matt to put his on (in fact, he usually
is no where near his kart or his helment when they are being teched).

In a side note, when we were looking for his helmet, we were very close
to giving up because youth helmets are not Snell rated and the first XS
adult helmet we tried was way too big.  (A youth medium fit perfectly.)
We eventually tried on one that fit, and life was good from there, but we
bought it mere days before his first event.

mlc
'91 MR2 NA
------I take no responsibility for anything below this line------