Banquets (was banquet tickets, South Course, etc)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Banquets (was banquet tickets, South Course, etc)
From: Paul and Meredith Brown <racers@rt66.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:59:16 -0600
>After the banquet debacles of a few years back, the food has improved
>markedly. But since said debacle, the Capitol Plaza hotel has been built,
>and I understand the hotel is now handling the catering of our little do.
>Hardly mystery meat -- in fact, the menus were announced in advance.
>Wednesday night was London Broil, delicious. Serve it again next year,
>please. Friday was Santa Fe Chicken. Never heard of that before, but
>basically it was Mexican (my wife says, New Mexican), very tasty chicken
>breast with bacon. Somehow extra plates appeared at my table. They were not
>wasted.  :-)

If you try to find such a dish in Santa Fe, I'd suggest Denny's.  Compared
to the airline meals we had for the first couple of years, this year was
quite good, but I really have to wonder where they got the name.  Without
real green chile (or the requisite warning of "no refunds for too hot
chile") it's just a name.  I don't find much to like in Santa Flake but the
food....

As to the beef, mine was quite durable.  Tasty, but durable.  Definitely an
improvement over past years, and this year if we asked for more bread, we
got it.  The wait staff was actually friendly and helpful.  Too much to
hope for a repeat next year?  That is, for those who get tickets early
enough to get in :-)

Paul and Meredith Brown

MR2:  "Not the easiest car in the world to work on"