Re: Driving Styles

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Driving Styles
From: "Brad Cox" <COXB@trimofran.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:43:14 -0500
>>If I try to drive conservative-and-clean, it typically turns out to be
clean-and-dog slow and the run is wasted anyway.<<

I'm glad somebody else has the same problem as me!  I definitely understand the
intent of the whole "drive slow to go faster" thing, but when I drive 'slow', I
go slow.  The only time I seem to do a good run is when my back's against a
wall.  When I'm a bundle of nerves, and I know that I have to not only drive
clean, but also drive the pee waddle doo out of my car, that's when I set my
personal best times.  Maybe I'm too complacent or something, but I *need* the
pressure to perform.  "Nothing to lose" situations don't work well for me
either.  That's when I tend to overcook a corner or something.  Any
psychiatrists out there got a theory for me?  ;-)

-brad
(usually slow no matter what)