Re: GS BMWs - Which is best?

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GS BMWs - Which is best?
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:48:05 -0400
These all sound like good choices, with the 330Ci the
unknown quantity - but I'd stick with the E30 M3.  It
was a decent AS car and I *think* Tunnell said his E30
M3 could be as fast as his E36 M3 on certain courses.
I saw one run locally recently and I was impressed with
how quick it is.

Kent Rafferty

> E30 M3:  Not much low end torque, like the Type R,
but heavier than a Type
> R.  Possibly better balance though.  Has 15x7"
wheels.  Parts are very
> expensive.
>
> E36 325is:  Good torque.  Optional LSD.
>
> 328is:  Even more power than the 325, but no LSD
option.

> E30 325is:  Not as much power as the E36 cars, and
different rear
> suspension, but lighter.  Broader power band than the
E30 M3.  Least
> expensive option.
>
> 330Ci:  Will this be in GS?  Lots of power.  Big
wheels.  Most expensive