Reruns at Nats

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Reruns at Nats
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 11:30:53 -0700
I noticed something happening more than once on the South Course.
Scenario is this: Car comes into the finish too fast, takes out 2-3
cones. Corner worker scrambles to set up cones. Worker in previous
station red flags next car on the course, which means that all cars on
course get red flagged.

Isn't the idea being that the course worker should attempt to safely
replace the cones, and if he does not, it is the driver's responsibility
to note the missing cone? Or is it considered that it may be an unfair
advantage so we red flag the next car? I am curious if this is normal to
handle it this way. Thanks.

Randy Chase