Re: Protest in HS?

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Protest in HS?
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@usa.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:01:33 -0500
If someone beat me in a car in which the timing was retarded because of
neglect or unsusceptibility, I would drop the protest so as to not look like
a bowl scraper.

Seems like something like that would hurt your reputation amongst your SCCA
colleagues, especially if you're trying to get to know the guys on the
national level.

But I don't know... what is everyone's take on the reputation thing?  I can
understand protesting holes drilled for shock adjustment acces that don't
have speakers plugged in the holes, since that would be a deliberate neglect
of the rules (even though I don't see any performance benefit).  Also, if I
were going to run my car at National's, I know that I would have to take off
my rear strut bar since it goes through the holes I drilled in the rear
panels.  Then I'd have to make some cosmetic adjustment to make the holes
legal since I don't think having a rear strut bar to mount speakers on would
be legal :) nor would having a very large hole that happens to allow
speakers to go through, and a little strut bar.

Maybe there should be a Supreme Court to interpret the rulebook for such
cases?

Brian

--
Brian Berryhill