Re: Protest in HS?

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Protest in HS?
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:38:12 -0500

Paul Foster wrote:

> > Yes, The detemination was that the timing was not off intentionally. It was
> > in fact retarded, not advanced as one would expect to gain a performance
> > advantage.  If anything it was hurting him.  The distributor has something
> > like 150k+ on it and is one of the few things on the car that is not new.
>
> Retarded? He should have been given a handicap not penalized!

I would tend to agree.  But, the PC ruled in accordance with the rule book,
which states that ignition settings must be within factory specs.  I hope
Russ wins the appeal, but I'm not holding my breath.  I guess they could do
something like uphold the protest but rescind the penalty... again, I'm not
holding my breath.

--
Loren Williams | Loren@kscable.com
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca