Re: Eastwood HotCoat Powder Coating system

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Eastwood HotCoat Powder Coating system
From: Dave Geis <davegeis@feist.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:59:02 -0500
Lloyd.Wilson@Alcan.Com wrote:

>   I would like your opinions (like I
> need to ask) on your personal experiences in painting wheels.
>
> Has anyone used Eastwood's HotCoat Powder Coating System?  What are your
> opinions.  Easy, simple, cost effective?  Would you use it for alloy wheels.
> Will the coating survive the temperatures a wheel attains after some heavy
> braking from autocrossing or street use.

A friend used Eastwood's system to powdercoat my valve covers and other parts
for
others. Looks great for parts, but I wouldn't use it for wheels.

I agree with Jon with all the bad about using them on wheels. I don't
mount/dismout all the time and still have had some chipping problems. And cone
goo
that goes on them, stays on them - even mild polishing will take some of the
coating off.

I shot my original VW rims (I use FV rains) with Krylon and haven't had any
problems. And if they get scuffed, chipped, whatever, all it takes is a trip to
Wallyworld to get another can

--
Dave Geis - #25 FM  1982 Morton Formula Vee
Who needs a roof?...or doors...or lights...or fenders...