Re: (insert location) Shock Access for (insert car)

To: brianberryhill@usa.net
Subject: Re: (insert location) Shock Access for (insert car)
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 22:58:04 -0400
> I think for stock classes, the alignments should have to be within
> the
> manufacturer's specs.  Every manufacturer uses alignment settings
> that they
> deem appropriate for that car, and it's usually not optimal for
> autox.  So,

Have you seen the alignment specs that Mazda uses for
the Miata? Their stock specs which vary between night
and day differences mean that you'd have a car that really
sucked on the street. The way the current rules are allow you
to adjust the alignment within it's maximum allowable
tolerances ie: you can't add spacers etc...
The way my Miata came from the dealership sucked so bad
it might as well not have even had an alignment!
Alignments cannot be easily modified on the grid, maybe some
Mod cars, but I doubt it. Shock adjustment points are a far
cry from an alignment. If the SEB wants to enforce this rule
I have no idea how they would actually do it except to provide
an alignment machine to verify that the protest is invalid.
I hope the protest money would be astro-F-ing-nomical so that
it wouldn't be a point on contention. Alignments are free in the
rules lets not change them and make it any worse than it already is.
Gawd! I really hope I can get into Mod class next year and avoid
all this.

Steve Bernard
Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)
NER Region (Novice Class)