Re: (insert location) Shock Access for (insert car)

To: msirota@isc.upenn.edu, ottocrosser@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: (insert location) Shock Access for (insert car)
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 15:36:08 EDT
In a message dated 8/18/2000 11:39:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
msirota@isc.upenn.edu writes:

<<  Is it a performance advantage?  Yes, it can be. Some cars just have
 some weaknesses, and access to the top of the shock towers might just
 be one of those weaknesses.  If that means that you can't make
 adjustments between runs on that car, that's part of the design of that
 car.  There's nothing in the rulebook that says that you're allowed to
 change that.  >>

I maintain that:
1) it equalizes cars that can't make the adjustment without the hole to those
that can.
2)  it's comfort and convenience to not have to A) either drive around every
day on your autocross settings or B) take things apart before and after the
autocross.

I do accept that making adjustments between runs is an advantage, but when I
ran C/S in my RX-7 I had to run against Miatae and MR-2s that can adjust
shocks without panel removal.  Didn't seem fair, until I was given the
"tweeter" idea...

CHD