Re: Solo III

To: maverick@purplemtn.com
Subject: Re: Solo III
From: jon e prevo <tcbracer@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:45:40 -0500
Wasnt going to comment...

I think what you need to do is start yourself an autocross club.  In
Texas Region we have:

SCCA Solo 2 - the most competitive autocross game in town.  All the big
boys come out, season points races are fierce, regional pride is almost
holy at Divisional races, Nationals is the hot topic from March on
through the season.

Equipe Rapide - slightly less competitive, more relaxed, more friendly.
Many of the big boys come out but not all, lots of folks, especially y u
p types come to these and not SCCA races.  Competition is still the
watchword and we try to stay pretty close to Solo 2 rules.

Porsche club, Corvette club, BMW club, CFCC, etc. - all put on various
types of autocross type events with varying rules and classes.  These
clubs are much more laid back because the members are more interested in
their cars than in competition.  Their courses also tend to be much
faster and less challenging than either of the two dedicated autocross
clubs.

Face it, we autocross because we love to compete in our cars.  If you
just want to drive around, Solo 2 is not for you.

Jon FP 73