Re: C4-C5 Corvettes in stock

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: C4-C5 Corvettes in stock
From: SVPViper@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 10 20:30:25 2000
We are getting away from the point, which should be Best of Breed.  If the C4
(which has consitently beaten the C5's) is a Vette, then it should stay in SS.
Look at the reclassed AS vette's... no one runs them, and when they go to BSP,
they are grouped. Same should be said for the SS cars.  The ZR-1 is in there,
so should the rest, if the new rules allow the Vipers great, but they don't
separate the Gen1 cars from the Gen 2 cars!  Mustangs aren't separated in FS.
No-one runs a GT over a Cobra!  If the C4's can beat the C5's fine, or vice
versa, but lets keep them all together.  As far as the C5 on a McKamey course,
probably because you don't have to get the car out of 2nd gear.  And a C4 you
would have to shift to 2nd. I say Best of breed same class... yes this throws a
big ol can of worms to all those miata drivers... sorry I think they should all
be in the same class period!  That makes as much sense as putting the 305 5spd
IROC-Z in GS, and the 350 Automatic in FS!  They !
don't!
  Peace,
       Dave

In a message dated Mon, 10 Jul 2000  8:08:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Ron