Re: C4-C5 Corvettes in stock

To: Rick Cone <conekiller@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: C4-C5 Corvettes in stock
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 23:14:41 -0400
Rick Cone wrote:
> Again if we need to add the class, just add it.  The class addition
> should have enough merit and MEMBER support for it to stand on its
> own.

I strongly disagree.  No matter how much merit a new class argument
may have, I'd vote against -- we have too many damn classes already.
We should not add one without also removing one.

I like the idea of combining ES and HS, and adding another "sports car"
class.  And I like the stated reasoning behind it.  The details of the
implementation are potentially another thing, but I haven't looked at
it closely.

Now if only I can talk the SCAC into buying into the Best of Breed
approach...  Two classes with Miatas that look identical?  Two with
Celicas?  Neons?  CRX's?  Nonsense.  This is the Sports Car Club of
America.  Cater to the hot versions of the cars.  We don't have
separate listings for automatics...  Why do we have separate listings
for the version with the smaller motor, or the softer springs?

Mark