RE: Car Insurance

To: "'matthew c. mead'" <mmead-autox@goof.com>,
Subject: RE: Car Insurance
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:32:37 -0500
> And which evil, bad, corrupt, self-serving, gluttonous, greedy, lying,
> cheating, thieving company would that have been?

I'd rather not say in a public venue, but they're highly regarded,
and serve mainly the military.
==================================
Aww, c'mon.  Let's bash the guilty.  There's no harm in that.  ;^)  Besides,
word of mouth is a very powerful selling tool, be it good or bad.

I guess there are some advantages
in dealing with an agent, like, if you have a good relationship
with them, an autox crash might end up being covered.
====================================
Yup, if the agent likes you he can word the claim any way that he wants in
order to get it covered.  No skin off his back.

I'm also curious to know how you carefully worded things so as
not to set off any of their sensors.
=================================
I merely read them, word for word, the description of Solo from the first
few pages of the Solo rule book.  I kept stressing "low speed", "2nd gear",
"one car at a time", "no more risk than normal freeway driving", etc, etc.
Straight outta the book.

 When considering other
insurance companies in the future, I will definitely want to ask
about autocross activities as well as lapping events.
================================
Just word your querys VERY carefully and never EVER mention the word "race".
If they say that it sounds an awful lot like racing, deny it tooth and nail,
"it's low speed precision driving".

I also tell the agents that not only does Chrysler not consider autocrossing
racing and won't void the warranty for doing it, but that they actually pay
contingency money if you do well in their cars.  _That_ usually sells 'em.

After what
happened to me, I was concerned enough about asking it that I
didn't do so when finding new insurance.  For now I'll stick to
the don't ask don't tell policy.
Just don't lie about your claim, such as "I hit a deer".  Honesty really is
the best policy.  Up to a point, then lie your ass off.  ;^)

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 DS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com