RE: SP Pony Cars

To: Jeff Winchell <jwinchell@Giftspot.com>
Subject: RE: SP Pony Cars
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 20:50:51 -0400
At 05:09 PM 5/25/00 -0700, you wrote:

>So the third largest class at Nationals becomes one of the smallest? How is
>this a good thing for the current ESP owners, or the SCCA?

Jeff,

Sorry.

Just trying to lighten a tough situation for you guys.

I know that for most Pony car fans that switching types of cars is not
reality. For what it is worth, in my opinion there are all sorts of reasons
why the BMW's "should not" be in with the conventional Pony Cars or with
almost anything else except similar Mercedes, Jags, and, if they exist,
other brands with similar credentials.

Our beloved Pony Cars are like NASCAR stockers, "crude" but great fun and a
whole lot less expensive to own than European or Japanese sports sedans. I
also sympathize with the Solo Board, etc as they try to find a home for
cars that are very legit "enthusiast cars".

Dick