SP Pony Cars

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: SP Pony Cars
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 20:04:52 -0400
1. I cannot "solve" the BMW vs. Pony Car controversy. (too bad since my
delete key is wearing out)

2. I love Pony Cars. Drive one to work every day. Owned two others and
wanted almost every one ever made with a V-8 . . . any brand even though
the ones I've owned happen to be Mustangs.

So, how do you have fun at an autocross with a Pony car if Bimmers are in
the class?

Buy a trailer hitch and use the Pony car to tow an FM or CM or F125. I did.
It was great fun. After a while I bought a camper van (which could never
tow a Pony car) but still drive a Pony car for normal use.

Alternately, I suspect a competitive CP is less expensive and just about as
streetable as a fully prep'd Pony Car or Bimmer.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen RF-85 Formula Ford