Re: Peru Pro (a bit long)

To: Eric Linnhoff <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: Peru Pro (a bit long)
From: Jim Ourand <sojim@home.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 23:42:43 -0700
I suggest DECAF.  I/we "race" cars (call it anything you want) and
incidents can happen.  Have you ever chaired a high level event (tour,
pro, divisional)?  You just don't change the course, especially late in
the event, and if the event involves money/points/prestiage.  Safety is
decided early on, not late Sunday if an incident happens.

I've been autocrossing since 1972, mostly on San Diego's Qualcomm/Jack
Murphy Stadium.  Prior to joining SCCA I know of speeds in excess of 100
mph for street prepared and prepared cars; hey, I did 80 mph in a Honda
Accord.

Safety doesn't come after the fact.  I and many others have complained
about unsafe conditions at a particular event and gotten changes made.
Point is:  Don't complain about something Sunday, that you knew about
Saturday morning.

Jim

--
Jim Ourand,