Re: Peru ProSolo News

To: sburkett@ooi.com
Subject: Re: Peru ProSolo News
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 22:11:08 -0400
> Funny you should mention that, I was just going to make one final
> comment thanking everyone for what was (for me) a great event.  This
was my
> first Pro, and everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Glad you came--and glad you had a great time.

> I don't know about Sunday, but I can tell you I was on the corner
> where this happened Saturday.  I was the first relief worker to arrive,
and
> understood that I was just shagging cones, and not a corner captain.
The
> corner captain was due to leave, and when the next newbie showed up,
also not
> expecting to run the radio, it was dumped in his lap, leaving a grand
total of
> two workers on corner two.  And we felt plenty bad about our mistake
already,
> and were very careful to instruct our relief on the use of the radio.

I didn't then--and I didn't today--mean to make you or anyone else feel
badly
about the radio mixup.  I wasn't implying that you missed cones--I was
trying to convey
that there were LOTS of variables in the cone counting department this
weekend.
Any Pro has differences from a National Tour (where we have written
corner worker
logs AND written radio control logs).

Corner 2 on the right side got shafted in Heat B both days--and corner 3
on Sunday.  There were two workers on each of those corners both
days for long periods of time, and with that course, it simply wasn't
enough.

> And no cones were missed because of it - we were able to hear what
> was going on.

I didn't think you did--and I hope *I* didn't miss any that corners 1 & 3
were
calling in when I was trying to get your radio problems ironed out.

Sorry to have come across as blaming you or anyone else--that was *not*
my
intention.

mlc
'91 MR2 NA