MD & PA Region Sound Requirements

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: MD & PA Region Sound Requirements
From: "Burns, James B." <BurnsJB1@central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 16:35:31 -0400
Do the Farm Show lot in Harrisburg or the lot at Ft. Meade have any specific
decibel requirements for sound?  The only thing I've read at all said that
exhaust systems should be quiet, but it wasn't defined what quiet is.  I
wouldn't consider a Neon without a muffler quiet, but others might.  The
reason I'm asking is that I have an ITS class RX7 that I'd like to autox in
CSP sometime.  It has a muffler, but I still don't think most autocrossers
would call it quiet.  It registers about 101dB at Summit Point, which is
under the SCCA Club Racing limit of 103dB, but it is still pretty loud.

Brad Burns