San Diego Divisional-more info.

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: San Diego Divisional-more info.
From: Judy Becker <judyb@cts.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 10:54:00 -0700
Hi all & hope to see you here at the San Diego divisional.

This is to let you know that event hosts/management have OK'd the running
of our San Diego local <bold>Improved Street & Street Modified</bold>
classes.

Our IS class is similar to the new ST classes as far as allowed preps.
The one major difference is that we have IS1 IS2 & IS3 with engine
cylinders being the classifying factor as opposed to sedan or coupe (&
not sports cars).

Classes as follows:

        <bold>IS1</bold>-All v-8's,6 cylinder turbos, rotary turbos and 6
cylinder twin cams.

        <bold>IS2</bold>-All 6 cylinder, 4 cyl twin cams, 4 cyl turbos, rotaries
& Honda CRX Si

        <bold>IS3</bold>-All others

<bold>Street Modified</bold> allows for any car running on DOT approved
"street tires".

So this message is to all you who have run this class & to class
newcomers to "<bold>come on down and enter"</bold>.

<bold>In order to be allowed though we need a minimum of 3 drivers for
each class</bold>. Yes there is a separate Ladies class, although the
gals could run in the open to meet the 3 driver class minimum.

Over the years I've driven in this class & it's been a fun class to be
in. The big positive has been that eligible cars don't lose their street
driveability as suspension mods are the main focus.

Some allowed modifications are:

-modified oil pans & oil coolers added,any gear ratio & limited slip or
locked diffs.

-lightened flywheels in standard transmissions,after market clutch disk &
pressure        plates are allowed.

-make & # of springs, shocks, torsion bars may be changed but not the
system of       operation of attachment points.

-sway bar add or removal OK

-any suspension bushing of any material OK.

-any wheel diam.Wheel width limited to 7" or 1.5" over stock whichever is
greater.

-any DOT tire or approved recap available in 3 rim diam. OK.

-tires & wheels may extend beyond fender/body

-track width may be altered by no more than 2"

-any size tire OK

For more info. re: more of the car preps or whatever e-mail me.

As we have til the divisional registration time to enter in order to
qualify the classes,I hope those of you who've run in this class will
enter & those who haven't to give it a try.

BTW as it's a local classs no trophies will be given-unless some
enterprising class drivers can come up with something appropriate!

See yah! & happy autoxing

Judy B.  in San Diego   {:>}