Re: Quad 4 Racer help needed

To: Justin Hughes <ka1ult@channel1.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Quad 4 Racer help needed
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:25:51 -0700 (PDT)
Conversely, too much oil can also aggravate ticking.
Case in point:  The Miata 1.8l engine has a 4.3 qt
crankcase capacity.  A couple of times, the dealer put
in 5 quarts at an oil change, and ticking was much
worse.  I started specifying 4 quarts only and ticking
went almost completely away.  I suspect the crankshaft
was probably aerating the additional oil and reducing
pressure to the top end.

Craig Blome
Texas Spokes SCC, Austin, TX