Re: Tire History Lesson - Again

To: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Subject: Re: Tire History Lesson - Again
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 23:05:59 -0400
Joshua Hadler wrote:
> Pat Kelly wrote:
>> My question remains: Does the SCCA insurance carrier disallow
>> retreads?
>
> Well, my understanding of the matter is that if it is a safety issue,
> that makes it an insurance issue.

Ah, but my understanding is that if it's called out by the insurance
policy, it is marked as a mandatory rule in Section 1.1.  The retread
rule is not called out in 1.1, so my reading is that it must not be
mentioned by the insurance policy, and therefore regions are free to
allow retreads in any category -- but they're not legal in Stock or SP
at Divisional, National Tour, or National Championship events.

Of course, I too would like to actually see the insurance policy to
confirm before I allowed them at one of our regional events...  But
right now, they appear to be legal in Prepared and Modified, even at
Nationals.

Mark