Re: Safety Tech Procedure

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Safety Tech Procedure
From: "Justin Hughes" <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 15:46:43 -0400
>The tech inspectors would really appreciate it if you left your keys in
>the ignition during tech inspection.  It allows them to easily check for
>excessive steering box play, among other things.
>
>Disregard if your ignition lock is on the dashboard.

So what if your steering lock doesn't work? :)  My car has that problem
thanks to a break-in it suffered in a previous life.  I bypassed the factory
ignition switch and popped one in myself, so I guess I'd fall into the
"ignition lock on the dashboard" category.  I'll bet it would sure fool any
thief now...! :)

    - Justin
      '83 BMW 320i HS
      Team SOL #4

Not that we generally have to worry about our cars getting stolen at an
autocross anyway...