RE: Street Tire classes

To: Autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Street Tire classes
From: "Moore, John" <jmoore@spyglass.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:39:13 -0500
        I haven't yet seen anyone describe the way the Chicago Regon SCCA
and the Tri-State SportsCar Council handles street tires. If this is
redundant info, then just ignore me, i'm working on 4 projects at once right
now.
        Our street tire class allows any tires that are 140 tread wear or
more. Cars are indexed within the class according to the RTP index of the
car if it was running in its respective non-street tire class. I ran this
class last year and it creates a class that has competition that is pretty
fair. At the start of the year last year and this year we started with over
50 street tire cars. Towards the end of the season the number drops to 30 or
less, at one event as few as 13 last year. But most of the time last year
the street tire field had mostly the same people all season and most where
people who also where in the Chicago Region Solo II class at the start of
the year. This year, almost all have moved on to R tires, except for a few
who didn't feel they could afford it.

        John Moore
        1993 Toyota MR2 NA