Re: Street Tire Classes

To: Gemery@aol.com
Subject: Re: Street Tire Classes
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 15:52:57 -0700
Gemery@aol.com wrote:

> Scott Meyers wrote:
> >No wonder the Street Tire classes are huge in our and many other
> >areas........oops - don't want to rehash that old argument     :-)
>
> You know I have to do a reality check with Oregon Region's statistics and
> Street Tire classes just aren't very big here.  We offer an indexed Street
> Tire class and "standard" Street Touring classes...

Our last local event at the Failure Analysis Lot (good site!) we had 137
entries, and 29 of those were Street Tire entrants. Another 28 were Novices!
These numbers are pretty representational of the number of Street Tire
entrants for us.

We offer all SCCA Open classes, as well as PAX, PAX/L, Street Tire 1 & Street
Tire 2 (cars grouped by performance potential) & Street Tire Ladies, Novice 1,
Novice 2, and Novice Ladies. We have no Kart or Street Touring classes.

Those who run Street Tire class here are much more than "just out of Novice",
some are previous Open class competitors who just got tired of the 'tire
wars', and most of the others don't want to get into it.

To each their own.

Scott Meyers

Kumhos ordered......anyone want three used G-Force 225x50x15
with 40% tread, and one with 40% tread and one cord hole showing?
Only used three weekends!!!!   I'll make you a good deal   :-)