g-Force alignment advice?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: g-Force alignment advice?
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 18:06:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hey all,

With 31 runs on my g-Force tires (205/50R15's on a '96
Miata) and nowhere near the recommended static camber,
I decided to give the tread a good look.  It seemed at
first that the wear is pretty even across the tread,
but on closer inspection the very outer shoulder is
getting more than its share.  The "holographic tread"
has been obliterated right up to the edge of the
shoulder, where on the inside shoulder you can still
see the last 1/2" or so of it.  The wear indicator
holes in the tread grooves at the edge of the shoulder
have just started wearing away the first "stairstep",
which looks like about 1/32" to my untrained eye.  The
front and rear tires look more or less identical; fwiw
I can only get -1.0 degrees camber in front, about
-2.0 in the rear, and that was before the Koni 'lift
kit'.

Is this normal for this tire?  Would more negative
camber help at all?  The car seems a little more tail
happy in sweepers than on the 225 R1's I used to run,
but I'm thinking that's more a driver than car
problem.  How far should I let the shoulder wear go
before mounting the tires inside out?

tia,
Craig Blome
Austin, TX