MR2 Turbo Setup Problems

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: MR2 Turbo Setup Problems
From: "Brad Holliday" <bradholliday@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:29:34 PDT
I need some advise on setting up my 91 MR2 turbo.  The car was very
difficult to control (severe overstear) this weekend at the National
Tour event.  The car was setup up as follows:

Front - -2.5 deg camber, 5.0 deg caster, 1/16" Toe-out (per side)
Rear - -1.5 deg camber, 1/8" Toe-in (per side)
Shocks - Tokico Illuminas- Position 5 front/ Position 1 Rear (5 is
stiff/1 is soft)
Tires - Kumho 205/55/15 all around - 34 psi front/ 31 psi rear
Stock Sway Bar

The above setup was by far the most stable setup.  The worst had the
same shock settings with tires set to 32 psi front/ 38 psi rear.
Also ran, with shocks at 5 front/ 2 rear with 34 psi front/ 36 psi
rear.

I have a Suspension Techniques swaybar on order, but it won't be here
in time for the McKamey school this weekend.  I would really like to
be able to control my car this weekend.

I was advised to add more toe-in to the rear.  Is there anything else
I can do?  The tire pressure seemed backwards to me, but it worked.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad Holliday