Re: Liberty Tire...the saga continues

To: David Hawkins <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Subject: Re: Liberty Tire...the saga continues
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 07:49:53 -0700
David Hawkins wrote:

> Howdy.
>
> I just got my MC bill, and lo and behold had another
> $52 charge from Liberty.  Has anyone else had this
> happen?
>
> After being told that the $118 per tire would include
> shipping and waiting over 6 weeks for the tires, and
> now this....I'm a little less than a satisfied customer.

Not over yet. You can do with your credit card company something called a
"disputed billing". Send a formal letter to your Card Company in specific
detail as to what what promised by the company and how that was not done, and
it is very likely that the charge will be removed after they investigate.

I would also send a copy to Bruce (the Liberty tire buffoon), and he would be
foolish to not do as he originally promised.

Anyone who deals with Liberty Tire does so at some risk these days.

My Toyos (which I refused when they finally showed up) were delivered more
than five weeks after being promised. In the meantime, (in only four days)
after I cancelled the Liberty order,  I ordered, received, and had mounted
G-Forces from Discount Tire. Tire Rack could have done the same I'm sure.

I'm watching my credit card statement like a hawk.  :-)

Good luck.

Scott Meyers