Re: Spins & Blame

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spins & Blame
From: "Jeff Winchell" <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 02:27:13 -0800
> Given that we are not being deluged by site
>  owners begging us to help wear out their pavement, it is only in
>  everyone's best interest to help keep the probabilites of incident as low
>  as possible.

That's easy. Just don't have an autocross.

I would think it's obvious that extremes are silly, but reading so many
messages about people worrying that one roll over in 13 years (or
similar statistics) is horrible and we should do more to prevent that, is
just as extreme.

If you want to live in a cacoon, fine. But don't force the rest of us into
one.

If a site location is so precarious that one accident will cause the site
owner to cancel autocrossing there, then there are bigger problems
with that relationship that should have been worked on rather than
boring autocrossers to death with absurdly safe courses.