Re: the Quintessential team.net e-mail: cone marks, paint, turbos, and C

To: mlc4@psu.edu
Subject: Re: the Quintessential team.net e-mail: cone marks, paint, turbos, and Clinique
From: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 11:16:58 CST
Mari L. Clements writes:

> While we are on the subject of paint, leaving the magnetics on in the rain
> seems to have done a number on the driver side door ) : (at least I can line
> up all my decals just perfectly now).  It's going to a detailer next week
> (RIGHT, Eric?!), but anyone have any wonderful suggestions for how to get
> off these sort of wavy outlines that almost look like the clear glue residue
> you get when you take labels off glass jars?

Newer water-based paints fog when kept wet for too long, Chrysler's cure
is to essentially bake the moisture out of the paint using a heat lamp.

If the problem is scratching caused by fine dirt, you'll need a buffer and
some Meguiar's Fine Cut Paint Cleaner.

> (I'm worried
> about this guy--last night, he made a tower on the bathroom countertop out
> of all my Clinique stuff--clarifying lotion [remember what Katie said about
> that stuff] on bottom, next Turnaround Cream [a/k/a battery acid for the
> face], then the soap [in it's cool little tunnel box], eye cream,
> moisturizer, and finally lipstick!)  This is a guy who clearly needs an
> autocross--soon!

And he's not alone - have you noticed how the cabin fever has induced a state
of delirium on the list lately?  I think its time for CDC to declare Spring
fever an official epidemic.  I got a fix at St Louis a couple of weekends ago,
or I'd be raving, too.  As it is, I spent last night fitting a new front-end
cover (bra for the rest of you) on my neon, all the while visualizing how
I'll be mowing cones with new-found impunity this season.
--
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                          Senior Technical Consultant
jblanken@itds.com                               ITDS - TRIS