Re: Spacers: pros and cons..

To: "Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.mohler@wilcom.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spacers: pros and cons..
From: Craig Blome <cblome@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 19:59:06 -0800 (PST)
Figured someone would have responded by now, but since
I haven't seen a public response...

For:
--Slightly wider track
--Decreases negative scrub radius (if your car has it,
most FWD cars do)
--might be able to fit wider front tire without
rubbing

Against:
--may increase wheel bearing wear slightly
--harder on lugs (though how much is open to debate)
--can make a hub centric wheel non-hub centric
--will increase a positive scrub radius
--could cause rubbing problems mostly on rear tires
--cheap universal ones can grind on brakes and stuff if
not fitted carefully (I have one set of generic ones
that are useless for my Miata, and one custom made set
which works fine)

hth,
Craig Blome

--- "Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.mohler@wilcom.com> wrote:
> What are the relative pros and cons of using spacers
> (if you dont require
> them) in autox?
>
> Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?