Re: SP Turbo's

To: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: SP Turbo's
From: eharleq@selway.umt.edu
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 99 08:22:37 -0600
Finally,

>>    How about an RX7TT in ASP? It ran the first year with 0 development time
>> and finished top 5? The next year it won, the next year the driver ran like
>> 4 whole events all year and finished 5th? Then sold and won again.....

>You're talking about a Tripoint Engineering car, and a model that in
>Stock form is widelt accepted to be the best SS car. In ASP, it's a
>competitive car, no doubt, but a class-killer? Not yet. Just winning a
>class is not proof of an unfair advantage. I know that's not everybody's
>philosophy ;<), but SOMEBODY's gotta win.

>Jay "why'm I saying the RX7tt should stay in my class?" Mitchell
>we2wimpy4asp Europa with 1565cc Frog motor

Geez, an RX-7 tt? MUST be cheating. As Jay says, What a bunch of baloney,
this is exactly the bias shown by the SCCA against turbos in general. The
RX-7 tt does great in stock form and is better prepared from the factory
than most half-baked SP cars... Having created some half-baked SP cars
myself.

Why is it that folks automatically think the turbo cars=cheater cars?
Maybe their own sense of inadequacy??!!!

I love turbo cars, but I will say immediately that the vast majority of
them are uncompetitive in AX. It makes no difference to me because I AM
the weak link.

My Rx: pick any reasonably well-built sports car, develop the suspension
and engine, develop the driver, quit bitchin' and drive.