Re: Hype R kickin Class

To: "Heyward K Wagner" <sportscar48@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Hype R kickin Class
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:14:39 -0600

=============================
>From hearing about their current level of required maintainance vs. actual
race hours I'd venture to guess that the Neons will be around the racing
scene for quite a while.  From everything I've heard about their design from
Chrysler engineers they are built plenty stout and well designed for the
stresses of racing.

I believe there will be many Neon SSB and SSC racers who will celebrate the
day that their cars finally become eligible for IT racing classes since the
SCCA allowed (for other marques at least) trunk kits (unfairly in my
opinion) that have made it improbable that the Neons will continue to win in
the Showroom Stock classes.

I do like the "production of rust" bit though.  Funny stuff man.  <VBG>

I guess that only time will tell.  I hope to be able to race my Neon for
many years to come.  Be it autocrossing or road racing or maybe even
rallying.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

You jump in front of my car  When you know all the time
That 90 miles an hour  Girl  Is the speed I drive
You tell me it's all right  You don't mind a little pain
You say you just want me to take you for a drive
"Crosstown Traffic"  as recorded by Jimi Hendrix