Re: Which Tire? Let's Share Experiences

To: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Subject: Re: Which Tire? Let's Share Experiences
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 14:49:31 -0500
Brian M Kennedy wrote:
> Very interesting.  My Pilots should be toast by the end of the next
> two autox weekends.
>     (Not that Pilots are great in wet; but they are drivable.)
>   * Does street driving greatly shorten the life of your R tires?
>     (... my Pilots may make 7000 miles.)

When you say "Pilot", which tire do you mean?

Michelin MXX3 Pilot SX
Michelin Pilot SX-GT
Michelin Pilot XGT Z4
Michelin Pilot XGT V4
Michelin Pilot LTX

I have the XGT V4's on my Jetta, and they'll last a LOT longer than 7K
miles (no autocrossing, though) -- they've got about 17K so far with
no noticable loss of tread.  And they're great in the wet.  So you must
not mean those...

Mark