Re: Which Tire? Let's Share Experiences

To: Young1Racing@home.com
Subject: Re: Which Tire? Let's Share Experiences
From: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 10:47:33 CST
Dave Young writes:

> - G-Force: Sticky when new. A handful when excess slip is obtained (Dukes
> of Hazard techniques prior to softening rear suspension!).  Life unknown
> (still sticky at 32 laps, holographic tread is now gone).

Won't this get you/us in trouble with the Stock class "must have measurable
tread" requirement?

And God help you in the rain - are G-Force drivers bringing "rain insurance"
in the form of a second set of rain tires?  I am not prepared to go that
route.

In case you can't tell, I'm not crazy about running slicks on my stock car.
I am planning to pretty much leave the race tires on the car all season,
even on the street.  R1s suited me just fine in he rain.  Even in standing
water I could safely manage 50 MPH on relatively new tires.
--
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                           Senior Technical Consultant
jblanken@itds.com                                ITDS - TRIS