RE: Stock Class MODs

To: "'Jeffrey Lloyd'" <jslz3@hotmail.com>, washburn@dwave.net
Subject: RE: Stock Class MODs
From: "Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.mohler@wilcom.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:39:58 -0600
> my question
> The OBDII question I have brought up to a DME programer and he said that
> The OBDII system in my car learns to adapt and their can be diffrences
> up to 15 dyno hp. based on how the car had been previously driven, Now
> this is still new so the evidence is sketchy. SO how does one drive a
> OBD2 car he wants to autocross? Drive it hard? will it adjust to give
> you more power or less? I know if you run the car on regular gas the
> computer will adapt to that gas and even if you fill up with super the
> computer will still run on the regular settings for a while.  I ran junk
> gas once last season and it killed my cars performance because the
> computer dialed the engine down so it wouldn't knock, I eventually reset
> the computer so it would relearn the premium gas setup...
        ---

        Actually, this is similar to the 15yr old TCCS system on the Toyota
Supra.

        It adjusts to your driving style, and before each run of every
event, I'll unplug the EFI fuse for about a minute and euthenize the ECUs
idea of how I drive.

        it'll take 20 seconds to idle smoothly, but it is a significant
performance gain on no brains -vs- learning the environment around it.