Re: Stock Class MODs

To: washburn@dwave.net, jeff.mohler@wilcom.com
Subject: Re: Stock Class MODs
From: "Jeffrey Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:28:29 PST
I have been considering these Ideas, But remember parts condition is not
illegal, I think Pat would agree You pratically are cryogenically
freezing the whole car during feb. in WI, but seriously If this Is
outlawed then I guess you have to put a limit on what temp parts are
stored in, If I store my parts in a kiln which just happens to be on
then they are heat treated, (A real stretch) but tempature is a
variable, It will change from condition to condition, Like a OBDII car
which spends it's life in warm climates will run diffrent in the cold
then one that is used to the cold all the time,

my question
The OBDII question I have brought up to a DME programer and he said that
The OBDII system in my car learns to adapt and their can be diffrences
up to 15 dyno hp. based on how the car had been previously driven, Now
this is still new so the evidence is sketchy. SO how does one drive a
OBD2 car he wants to autocross? Drive it hard? will it adjust to give
you more power or less? I know if you run the car on regular gas the
computer will adapt to that gas and even if you fill up with super the
computer will still run on the regular settings for a while.  I ran junk
gas once last season and it killed my cars performance because the
computer dialed the engine down so it wouldn't knock, I eventually reset
the computer so it would relearn the premium gas setup...

My $.02

Jeff Lloyd