Re: When's it gonna get warm?

To: Mike Bultemeier <hottvr@tfs.net>
Subject: Re: When's it gonna get warm?
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 07:19:45 -0800
Mike Bultemeier wrote:

> Pretty bold statement. Have you been to all of them?

Well, Robbie can speak for himself. I am working at attending most sites
in the country. 8) And in my limited experience, and based on
discussions with others who travel, I think that San Diego's site has to
be near the top, if not the top site for many reasons.

> Sounds like you must be out there with those SBW and Chuck(Whats his
>name)fellows

Notice how they are all on the west coast? 8)

Best Weather and yet the occasional flood to lend excitement? San Diego
Nice to your tires? Yep.
Grippy? Yep.
Flat? I Like the elevation changes!
Large? Our normal autocrosses are over 1 mile easily.
Access? Right off the freeway. Located next to good hotels, restaurants,
and tourist attractions. Non-autocrossers can hop on the trolley right
at the lot and go into major shopping centers.
Surroundings? Qualcomm is in a nice/safe area (motel 6 excluded)

http://www.sandiegocrusaders.com/sandiego.html

Yes, I think it is one of the best. Add in Sea World, The Zoo, Old Town,
La Jolla, the NEW LegoLand opening in March, and the world's best Fish
Tacos...

Oh..autocross content:
G= Grips, then Goes to cord after 30 runs.
H= High Priced, Heats up quickly, Has to be replaced after 25 events.
Helps if you like Purple.
T= Trophyable? Nope. Tries *harder*. Tends to last forever.
S= Street tire? Slip, Sliding away...Sorry I bought them.
K= Kept on the boat....should be here very soon.

Randy Chase
In Sunny Sandy Eggo