Porschephiles

To: "autocross list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Porschephiles
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 21:56:20 -0500
Any Porschephiles out here in AX land?  I'm thinking about selling the Turbo
Z and getting a 944.  Specifically, what should I look for on these cars?
What are their problem areas?  Rust (well I do Brit Iron!)?  Gearboxes?  I'm
not really interested in the 8v 944, mostly Turbos or 16v's.  I don't want a
968. I don't like the styling, even though it's a cross between a 944 and
928, both of which I love, but the 968 just doesn't "do it" for me.  I'm not
really concerned with having a killer AX car right now, I have too much to
learn about driving, then I'll get "the" must have car.

What are the pros and cons of the Turbo and the 16v?  I'm partial to
turbocharged cars,  I've had a turbo in some form or another since I was 16,
but if the 16v has something going for it that the Turbo does not, I'll
consider one over a Turbo.  The years I'll be looking at are 86 to 89/90.

Thanks for the help!
Ron and Angie - Dalton, Ga
84 300ZX Turbo    77 Spitfire      92 Tempo GLS    62 Vitesse
IZCC# 4779