Re: Should Integra Type R's be in Stock Category?

To: Tim Malzahn <tmalzahn@tnmnetworks.com>
Subject: Re: Should Integra Type R's be in Stock Category?
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 15:20:02 -0700
Tim Malzahn wrote:

> >I agree with Craig, bump 'em. They more accurately fit the profile of an
> >E-Stock car anyway.
> >
> >-Josh2
>
> Josh - I think you just gave all of the folks in ES a heart attack.

        Well a little cardiac exercise is a good thing eh? ;-)

> Moving the Type R to ES
> is not a good idea. As far as I can tell, ES has smaller cars with moderate
>power (less than
> 140hp?). Note that most of the DOHC VTEC Hondas are in GS. GS is where it
>belongs.

        Yes, smaller cars with more torque and less weight than the Type R. The
Type R has a paltry 129 lb-ft of torque all the way up at a dizzying
7300 rpm. If I were an E-Stock Celica/Neon/Saturn driver, I wouldn't be
so terrified of the Type R. It seems to me that E-Stock and G-Stock are
roughly the same speed, with E-Stock getting the nod. Even if the Type R
had any edge in the class, it would most likely be quite course
dependent. Competitive? Hell yes. Overdog? I doubt it.

        But then, that's just my opinion...

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/