tire opinions

Subject: tire opinions
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:29:32 -0600
Well folks, after only 10,000 miles on the car I'm in need of better (read
more & stickier tread) tires and I'd like my fellow enthusiasts opinions.

I'm looking at 3 season only tires and am not concerned too much with
getting 30-40,000 miles out of 'em.  Just excellent stick in the dry and
decent wet weather performance and hopefully at least one year of not
totally abusive use.

So far I've narrowed down my choices to a Yokohama AVS or a Bridgestone RE71
in 205/60-14 sizes or the Dunlop SP 8000 in a 195/55-14 size.

Possibly even the Yokohama AVS in a 205/55-14 size.  It's priced
considerably higher, $116 vs. $92, than the 205/60 tire but at least it's
"Z" speed rated which will come in very handy with my Neon.  NOT!!

The Bridgestone and Dunlop tires are awfully close to each other in tread
width with the Dunlop SP 8000 195/55 having a shorter height which would
help acceleration slightly over the taller Bridgestone RE71 and Yokohama AVS
205/60 tires.  I have no idea how wide the Yokohama AVS is though and their
web site is of no help.

Any thoughts?  I mean, any _relevant_ thoughts?   ;^)

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T