Re: Series V Frame

To: Alpine List <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Series V Frame
From: Jan Servaites <jservaites@woh.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:32:02 -0800
CANISDOG@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 1/22/2005 4:11:41 PM Mountain Standard Time,
>ALF1725@aol.com writes:
>What I was told was that the frame was solid, the  sagging was
>due to 30 plus years of gravity pulling on the convertible.  A  common thing.
>
>I just can't buy that.  I know the gravity of Mother Earth is good, but not
>that good!  :)

Sorry, but me too.  I suspect it was the door hinges. They wear out very
fast and then the door hits the leading edge of the rear quarters. I see
this on just about all Alpines now. Steel on steel; A real crappy design.

--

Jan Servaites (Dayton OH - The Birthplace of Aviation)

              http://www.wright-brothers.org/

              "I am convinced that human flight is
              possible and practical."
                             -- Wilbur Wright, 1899