Series V frame

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Series V frame
From: series25 <series25@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:48:28 -0500
I do not wish to bomb the list but i have no choice at this point,having
just invested a lot of money im my Series V. It appears that the frame is
flexing (pinching) where the drivers door closes as the distance between the
the top corner of the door and the body has reached a point where they are
touching. The door does not close properly, if at all and it seems to be
getting worse had the frame "checked" by two different shops and was told it
was solid. When i place a floor jack under that point where they meet and
raise the car, the distance widens between the door and the body. What is
the best way to examine the frame , what should i be looking for, and
finally, did i waste my money or can this condition be rectified???

Thanx,

Phil

Check out the new British Cars Forum: