Re: [Re: other Rootes cars with Alpine subframe?]

To: "Jan Eyerman" <jan.eyerman@usa.net>,
Subject: Re: [Re: other Rootes cars with Alpine subframe?]
From: "Louis & Laila" <bwana@c2i2.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:39:18 -0700
As I understand it, the front axle point is "Higher" on a Husky or Minx and
what not (1"), because they use a larger wheel diameter. If used on an
Alpine, with 13" wheels, this has the effect of lowering the front end about
one inch without removing metal from the spring. This is a modification used
by many vintage and SCCA solo II Tiger racers, and possibly, some Alpine
competitors. My first encounter with this was an alpine that was 1" higher
on a side than the other. We puzzled on this one for a time till we figured
that one axle had origins other than an Alpine. Then a buddy explained that
it was from another Rootes car and this was desirable if you had a matched
set. Lou