Re: Engine Transmission combos

To: <CANISDOG@aol.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Transmission combos
From: "Russ Eshelman" <RussE@Firstva.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:27:15 -0500
Paul,  I took a look at three transmissions  I have laying about and it
appears that the short pedestal is 1 & 7/8" tall and is for the early (or
non-synchro) transmission, and has the larger 4" fork with 3" release
bearing. This is what you need to use with the 8" clutch disc and finger
type pressure plate. The all synchro transmission  has a 2 &1/4" tall
pedestal, 3 & 1/2 " fork with a 2 & 1/2" bearing, diaphragm type pressure
plate with 7" clutch disc. The 7" clutch disc came in 10 and 25 spline form,
that's one of  the things you have to look for if you use a late series V
onward tranny. I hope this is of some use to you Paul.  And... I'm "sure"
someone on the list will correct me if I am wrong.
Russ