Re: Engine Transmission combos

To: RussE@Firstva.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Transmission combos
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:36:21 EST
Russ,
That is interesting since I used a conglomerate of parts in my Series 3, I am
now in doubt if I have the right combo.  I am going to count splines tonight.
 I would hate to start this assembly after 4 years of restoration and find I
have it wrong.

I used a 1725 from a 69 Gt for my engine.  But I really think my clutch fork
came from the early engine and tranny combo.  Is there any way to tell what
clutch fork I have?  Is there a part # stamped on it?

I do have a late tranny and overdrive so I guess my concern should be with
the clutch and fork.

Paul