RE: Clutch Problem

To: "Tim Stiffy" <tstiffy@pulsenet.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch Problem
From: "paul almjeld" <palmjeld@mit.midco.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:12:27 -0500
Tim:  I recently installed a new CNC clutch master cylinder and initially
had the same challenge. You may not be getting the cylinder primed.  Before
you tear everything out again, try the following:
(You will need a person to help you push the pedal down.)

1)Disconnect the pipe from the clutch master cylinder
2)Fill the clutch reservoir with fluid
3)Push pedal down, then use your finger to cover the connection on the back
of the cylinder
4)Let up on pedal - this will prime the cylinder as it draws fluid into the
master cylinder
5)Reconnect pipe to master cylinder
6)Check the reservoir fluid level - add as needed
7)Continue bleeding by pushing the pedal ONLY HALF WAY DOWN, hold, loosem
bleeder screw on slave cylinder allowing air to escape. Retighten. Be sure
keep sufficient fluid in the reservoir.
8)Continue #7 until only fluid escapes from the slave cylinder bleeder screw

I hope this can help!