Re: Re: Color on Hard Top

To: "Brent Kasl" <kasl100@navix.net>,
Subject: Re: Re: Color on Hard Top
From: Bob Douglas <b_s_d@ureach.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 18:09:39 -0500
Period photos support the claim that cars were produced with
matching hard tops (or at least something other than black).

I recall a pretty credible post ages ago explaining that the
top matched body color when the car was ordered with the
hardtop option - even on the early Series.  The tops added at
the dealer were black.

Most were black probably because most were handled as dealer
options.  Figure what dealer would want to be stuck with
a "moonstone" top on the only "moonstone" car on the lot
because the buyer didn't want the option?  Much more flexible
for them if they were all black.

Regards,  Bob Douglas

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Brent Kasl (kasl100@navix.net) wrote:

> Ian-One Alpine brochure says 'Hard tops are available in
matching body
> colors as an optional extra.' Of course the norm was black
since the
> soft top was also black but if an individual wanted to wait
and spend
> the money, anything is available. Bent
>
> Ian Spencer wrote:
>
> > Does it say that on the brochure? I'll have to go look at
one again. I
> didn't remember seeing that statement about special ordered
colors.

> > Ian Spencer
> > Client Services
> > University Hospital
> > Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
> > (513) 584-0365

> > Per the Alpine sales brochures, all hard tops are black
from the
> factory
> > unless you special order yours to match the car color. Brent
> >
> > Robert Dobrowski wrote:
> >
> > > Interesting
> > > Now you really have my curiosity up.
> > > I have a basket case Series I Alpine sitting in front of
my house
> that
> > > was originally Moonstone and repainted black.
> > > The black paint on the hardtop is peeling to reveal
Moonstone paint
> > > underneath.
> > > I had assumed that the hardtop was originally painted
moonstone to
> match
> > > the body by the factory.
> > > Does this mean that there is a layer factory black paint
under the
> > > moonstone on the hardtop?
> > >
> > > On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:43:48 -0500 Ian Spencer
> <ian@sunbeamalpine.org>
factory color on

Seacrest Green
> paint