Re: [Re: Engine Pull]

To: "jumpin'jan" <servaij@cris.com>
Subject: Re: [Re: Engine Pull]
From: "jon" <humbersnipe@home.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:46:38 -0600
It can be done other ways, too. My usual method was 4 wheel ramps.  By
jacking the car up one end at a time, and placing the ramps under the
wheels, you can get enough room to manhandle the trans out. (Keeping the
handbrake set and placing the ramps so they face opposite directions
eliminates the possibility of the car rolling off the ramps.)

Wear old clothes, though - it does rather involve a transmission sitting on
your torso, and  a big oil stain on the crotch of your good jeans isn't
exactly a fashion statement ...   LOL

Jon Arzt
Omaha, NE  USA
(who spent many years without a garage, working on my cars on a gravel
driveway!)